Eastin Air offers many services that can help insure your home is operating at a high level of efficiency and that it is operating safely for winter weather. We seal air leaks, offer Home Energy Audits, Blower Door Tests, Duct Cleaning and Radiant Barrier to name a few.
With colder weather already hitting the Dallas area, we decided to provide a few winter heating tips. Some of these will relate directly to your home heater or furnace and other winter heating tips will relate to portable units.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from your furnace, fireplace, portable heater or wood stove.
- Have a three foot “kid free” zone around portable heaters and fireplaces.
- Never use your oven to heat your home.
- Remember to turn your portable heating units off when going to bed or leaving the room.
- Test smoke alarms monthly.
In addition to these tips, it is recommended that you have your heater or furnace inspected annually. With your home heater or furnace inspected, you can be assured that your heating system will work properly and efficiently through the winter season.
In addition to having your heater professionally serviced, it is a good idea to check your chimney, check your heat exchanger, inspect ducting and piping, check safety devices and your carbon-monoxide detector.
Eastin Air proudly serves Dallas and specializes in the Highland Park and University Park areas. If you have any concerns about your heating system you should schedule your appointment today.