Home Energy Audit
An Energy Audit test evaluates the living area of your home, but more importantly, the areas of your home that you don’t see; attic, crawl spaces, and the air duct system. Just like your car, your home needs to be inspected and maintained to make sure it is functioning as it should. We now offer several levels of energy audits.
We have the technology, test equipment, knowledge, and expertise to find these problems, and resolve them, Give us a call if you questions about how we diagnose, and repair these issues
What is done in the home energy audit?
- Evaluate insulation and determine R-value. Most homes are under-insulated.
- Evaluate ventilation. Proper ventilation removes hot air, excess humidity, Carbon Monoxide, and other pollutants.
- Evaluate the need for a radiant barrier.
- Inspect air duct, plenums, and air handler for leaks. About 90% of homes have some type of HVAC air leak.
- Inspect duct work for mold, dust, and other contaminants.
- Look for indoor air quality issues. The EPA ranks IAQ as the fifth leading causes of health problems in the US.
- Look for air infiltration issues, like around doors and windows, openings to the attic, or electrical and plumbing penetrations. Air infiltration can account for 30 to 40% of heating/cooling cost.
- Look for anything out of the ordinary, such as water stains, rodent activity, crushed or un-insulated duct.
- Give written report of findings.
- Offer solutions and estimates.
Do You Need an Energy Audit?
- Are your energy bills to high?
- Are you living with uncomfortable temperatures to save energy?
- Do you have rooms that are too hot or too cold?
- Does your family suffer from allergies, frequent colds, asthma, head aches, or respiratory problems?
- Are there leaks in your air duct system? About 90% do.
- Is your home too humid? Do you have AC vents that sweat?
- Is there mold or mildew on walls or duct work? Do you Know?
- When it is extremely hot outside, does your air conditioner run continually?
- Are you uncomfortable in your home during extreme weather conditions?
- Do you have to constantly dust your home? Can you see the dust in the air?